Monday, November 15, 2010

Ying Yang Sofa, Meet Ying Yang Counter

I blogged earlier about a 'ying yang' sofa that was designed to save space and was able to be moved around to fit whatever environment the consumer was in. Now I found a design applied to the counters in a kitchen. This gives a completely new definition to entertainment cooking.

Looking up kitchen designs are rather interesting to me. I stumbled onto this site called 'The Design Blog' and it was interesting to see how this was indeed a ghost of a previous post. The way this was built was very thoughtful: the sink was stand-alone and did not need any plumbing on the bottom. This means it can be easily moved form inside the kitchen to a larger dinning area to be turned into a bar, much like this one in the example.

The curves lends this design to feel sleek and modern, with a stainless steel top that gives it a reflective surface. The curves also allow for smooth 'corners' and attachments. Most often when people are presented with edges, they try to match them up; this limits the creativity of the consumer. There is also something else that comes standard with this ying yang counter: under-glow. This is often overlooked but it really makes the counter stand out and seem to add to its overall height.

If I'm entertaining in my home, I would definitely get this design for my makeshift bar.

Word Count: 236

0 comments:

Post a Comment